Digital House Hunt is a joint study conducted by The National Association of REALTORS® and Google. It has excellent information and various statistics for online marketing in the real estate industry.
Here are some highlights from this study.
- 90% of home buyers searched online during their home buying process
- Real estate related searches on Google.com have grown 253% over the past 4 years(pg. 3)
- 69% of home shoppers who take action on a real estate brand website begin their search with local term, i.e “Houston homes for sale” on a search engine (pg. 5).”Local” search terms and websites are important for buyers.
- REALTORS® using offline marketing and sales channels should incorporate digital to complement those efforts (pg. 6)
- On tablets, searches related to real estate brokers grew 300% year-over-year. (pg. 23)
- Mobile technology connects online to offline home buying — including the reading of online reviews.
For real estate professionals, here are few tips for actively participating in this digital house hunt process. If you are interested in learning how SMA2Z can help you with all these and more, please contact us now.
#1. Have a responsive and updated website.
#2. Be in front of buyers/sellers, even before they contact you, through search engine results. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a key digital marketing strategy to achieve this.
#3. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Search engines prefer mobile-friendly websites since mobile traffic has overtaken desktop traffic. Use this Google site to check if your current website is mobile-friendly.
#4. Make sure your business can be found through Local SEO – Google My Business, Local Maps, local online reviews etc.
#5. Manage your reputation online.
#6. Look into paid search online. Just like there are many offline marketing strategies to reach potential customers with yard signs, fliers etc, many strategies can be used to reach online clients looking to buy or sell a home. This is called Paid Search/Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and the following are just a few examples: Pay-per-click (PPC), Pay-per-call, Cost-per-click, CPM (cost per thousand impressions), mobile marketing, paid social advertising, and email marketing.
One big advantage with digital marketing is that you can track the results and ROI of your marketing efforts.